Mass at Capel St Mary as advertised in the newsletter.
These are the regular Mass times but please always check the newsletter
The Holy Rosary The most powerful prayer in existence. Learn more ..
© 2009 - 2014 St Mark’s Catholic Parish, Ipswich
A Parish within The Diocese of East Anglia. Registered as a charity. 278742
The Parish of St Mark includes:
St Mark’s Church in Ipswich
The Church of the Holy Family in Brantham (CO11 1TB)
St Mark’s Parish House
180 Hawthorn Drive
Fr Christopher Smith
Telephone: 01473 684963
Local Safeguarding Rep:
St Elizabeth’s Hospice
PLEASE COLLECT USED POSTAGE STAMPS FOR OUR LOCAL HOSPICE …… ALL YEAR,
Please also support the HOSPICE SHOPS including in the precinct opposite St Mark’s.
Ipswich Hospital Chaplain
Fr. Adrian Gates 01473 726701
Hospital bleep: 817
ROMAN CATHOLIC PARISH
R.C.Diocese of East Anglia: A Registered Charity (Number: 278742)
Thank you for last week’s collections:
for the second collection.
Your continued support is very much appreciated.
Catholic Association for Racial Justice
6/5th October CAFOD (again)
18/19th October APF
St Edmund’s Fund
Diocesan Youth Service
Diocesan Dependant Priests Fund
Unless a specific collection is listed the second collection will be for the parish maintenance fund.
22nd Week of the Year
22nd Sunday in Ordinary Time
RESPONSORIAL PSALM: ‘For you my soul is thirsting, O Lord my God.’
The following is Our Lady of Medjugorje's August 2nd, 2014 monthly message through Mirjana:“Dear children, the reason that I am with you, my mission, is to help you for ‘good’ to win, even though this does not seem possible to you now. I know that you do not understand many things as I also did not understand everything, everything that my Son explained to me while He was growing up alongside me – but I believed Him and followed Him. I ask this of you also, to believe me and to follow me. However, my children, to follow me means to love my Son above everything, to love Him in every person without making differences. For you to be able to do this, I call you anew to renunciation, prayer and fasting. I am calling you for the Eucharist to be the life of your soul. I am calling you to be my apostles of light who will spread love and mercy through the world. My children, your life is only a blink in contrast to eternal life. And when you come before my Son, in your hearts He will see how much love you had. In order to spread love in the right way, I am asking my Son, through love, to grant you unity through Him, unity among you, unity between you and your shepherds. Through them my Son always gives Himself to you anew and renews your soul. Do not forget this. Thank you.”
"Visit the Medjugorje Website here …. http://www.medjugorje.org/
TEA & COFFEE AFTER MASS
Please join us each week, at Holy Family & The Parish Hall St Mark’s after Sunday Mass, for a cup of Tea, Coffee, a biscuit and a chat; everyone is very welcome.
VOUCHERS FOR ST MARK’S SCHOOL
Vouchers issued by the leading supermarkets can be placed in the envelope at St Mark’s Church porch, please.
You may cancel any time.
WALKING FOR UNITY
Come and join the Annual Pilgrimage walk to the shrine of Our Lady of Grace praying for unity among Christians. This takes place on Sunday 7th September starting at 3pm from St Peter’s Church on the Quay, calling at the sight of the original shrine in Lady Lane and ending at the present shrine in St Mary Elms Church, followed by tea.
NEW 100 CLUB MEMBERS ARE STILL VERY WELCOME
Application Forms may be found at the back of the church or contact Graeme Forsyth on
01206 399049 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or print your own form here …..
1. Day of Recollection at Clare Priory, Thursday 2nd October – The day will be led by Fr Michael Teader, Dean and Parish Priest of St Felix Church, Haverhill.
2. Ecumenical Harvest Service for Brantham and East Bergholt Congregational Church, East Bergholt on Sunday 21st September at 3.00pm.
SOCIAL AND FUND RAISING EVENTS
1. HISTORIC CHURCHES SPONSORED BIKE RIDERS AND WALKERS. SATURDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER 9AM - 5PM – Both Holy Family Church and St Mark’s Church will be manned to receive riders and walkers.
2. BETTLE DRIVE FRIDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER IN ST MARK’S HALL AT 7.30PM – Leader: Maureen Kelway, Admission: £7 to include a glass of wine/fruit juice and finger buffet. Children 8-14 years – Free. Contact Maureen on 01473 437462.
3. PARISH AUTUMN BAZAAR SATURDAY 12TH OCTOBER 10AM – 12PM – More information will be announced in due course.
4. PARISH QUIZ FRIDAY 17TH OCTOBER AT ST MARK’S HALL AT 7.30PM – Question Master: Mr Paul McGrath. Tickets £7 to include a glass of wine and supper. Raffle.
5. PHIL THE BAG – Following a very successful event in the spring, Phil will make his appearance again in the Autumn to collect your summer wardrobe and make space for your winter ‘haute couture’. For future information contact Viv – Tel: 01206 299319.
PARISH DAY OF RECOLLECTION
Fr Michael Teader will be leading the Parish Day of Recollection at Clare Priory on Thursday 2nd October. This begins with coffee at 10am and ends mid-afternoon. If you wish to go, please sign your name on the list at the back of church.
PARISH BEETLE DRIVE
This takes place on Friday 19th September at 7.30pm in St Mark’s Hall. It promises to be an evening of light hearted fun suitable for all ages. Tickets are on sale after Mass at £7 to include a glass of wine and finger buffet.