Mass at Capel St Mary as advertised in the newsletter.
These are the regular Mass times but please always check the newsletter
The Holy Rosary The most powerful prayer in existence. Learn more ..
© 2009 - 2014 St Mark’s Catholic Parish, Ipswich
A Parish within The Diocese of East Anglia. Registered as a charity. 278742
The Parish of St Mark includes:
St Mark’s Church in Ipswich
The Church of the Holy Family in Brantham (CO11 1TB)
St Mark’s Parish House
180 Hawthorn Drive
Fr Christopher Smith
Telephone: 01473 684963
Local Safeguarding Rep:
St Elizabeth’s Hospice
PLEASE COLLECT USED POSTAGE STAMPS FOR OUR LOCAL HOSPICE …… ALL YEAR,
Please also support the HOSPICE SHOPS including in the precinct opposite St Mark’s.
Ipswich Hospital Chaplain
Fr. Adrian Gates 01473 726701
Hospital bleep: 817
ROMAN CATHOLIC PARISH
R.C.Diocese of East Anglia: A Registered Charity (Number: 278742)
Thank you for last week’s collections:
for the second collection.
Your continued support is very much appreciated.
Apostleship of the Sea
Catholic Association for Racial Justice
6/5th October CAFOD (again)
18/19th October APF
St Edmund’s Fund
Diocesan Youth Service
Diocesan Dependant Priests Fund
Unless a specific collection is listed the second collection will be for the parish maintenance fund.
17th Week of the Year
17th Sunday in Ordinary Time
RESPONSORIAL PSALM: ‘Lord how I love your law’
The following is Our Lady of Medjugorje's July 2, 2014 monthly message through Mirjana:
“Dear children, I, the mother of all of you gathered here and the mother of the entire world, am blessing you with a motherly blessing and call you to set out on the way of humility. That way leads to the coming to know the love of my Son. My Son is almighty, He is in everything. If you, my children, do not become cognizant of this, then darkness/blindness rule in your soul. Only humility can heal you. My children, I always lived humbly, courageously and in hope. I knew, I became cognizant that God is in us and we are in God. I am asking the same of you. I desire for all of you to be with me in eternity, because you are a part of me. I will help you on your way. My love will envelop you like a mantle and make of you apostles of my light – of God’s light. With the love that comes forth from humility you will bring light to where darkness/blindness rule. You will be bringing my Son who is the light of the world. I am always alongside your shepherds and I pray that they may always be an example of humility for you. Thank you.”
"Visit the Medjugorje Website here …. http://www.medjugorje.org/
TEA & COFFEE AFTER MASS
Please join us each week, at Holy Family & The Parish Hall St Mark’s after Sunday Mass, for a cup of Tea, Coffee, a biscuit and a chat; everyone is very welcome.
VOUCHERS FOR ST MARK’S SCHOOL
Vouchers issued by the leading supermarkets can be placed in the envelope at St Mark’s Church porch, please.
You may cancel any time.
THE DIOCESAN PILGRIMAGE TO LOURDES
This Pilgrimage takes place 22nd-29th August 2014. Full details and booking forms can be found at the back of Church. For more information please contact Fr Christopher or Deacon Clive on 01206 396319.
Please pray for Julian’s brother who died suddenly in Malaysia and whose funeral took place on 10th July. Pray too for his family and friends.
1. Day of Recollection at Clare Priory, Thursday 2nd October – The day will be led by Fr Michael Teader, Dean and Parish Priest of St Felix Church, Haverhill.
2. Ecumenical Harvest Service for Brantham and East Bergholt Congregational Church, East Bergholt on Sunday 21st September at 3.00pm.
SOCIAL AND FUND RAISING EVENTS
1. HISTORIC CHURCHES SPONSORED BIKE RIDERS AND WALKERS. SATURDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER 9AM - 5PM – Both Holy Family Church and St Mark’s Church will be manned to receive riders and walkers.
2. BETTLE DRIVE FRIDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER IN ST MARK’S HALL AT 7.30PM – Leader: Maureen Kelway, Admission: £7 to include a glass of wine/fruit juice and finger buffet. Children 8-14 years – Free. Contact Maureen on 01473 437462.
3. PARISH AUTUMN BAZAAR SATURDAY 12TH OCTOBER 10AM – 12PM – More information will be announced in due course.
4. PARISH QUIZ FRIDAY 17TH OCTOBER AT ST MARK’S HALL AT 7.30PM – Question Master: Mr Paul McGrath. Tickets £7 to include a glass of wine and supper. Raffle.
5. PHIL THE BAG – Following a very successful event in the spring, Phil will make his appearance again in the Autumn to collect your summer wardrobe and make space for your winter ‘haute couture’. For future information contact Viv – Tel: 01206 299319.
Congratulations to Edmund and Anne Smitheram who are celebrating their Golden Wedding. We thank God for 50 years of married life and, we ask God to bless and protect them in the years ahead.
Congratulations to Lucia, William, Elizabeth and Shanille who are making their First Holy Communion today at the 11am Mass.